Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 36: June 30, 2012 ~ The Vital Force

Day 36: June 30, 2012 ~ The Vital Force


"Vital Force: the vital principle or animating force within living beings: breath, divine spark, life force, psyche, soul, spirit, vitality"


I hardly know where to begin on this subject...I'll start with what inspired me to write about it today. I have a bonsai tree, an evergreen/pine of some sort. I'm obviously no expert on bonsai! I have loved this plant for many years. However in the last couple of years I have not given it the care and feeding it needs, and it has been looking the worse for wear. Its once lush green needles have dried and turned brown. A couple of weeks ago I thought perhaps it was just beyond help and I even considered 'recycling' it.

Then I thought, wait a minute, perhaps it would respond to some extra love and attention. So I brought it to work and put it in a special place in front of a window where it would receive adequate sunlight, and committed to watering it regularly and nurturing it back to health. It dawned on me that it might also appreciate some added nutrients in the form of plant food.

I have been quite thrilled to watch its progress, as soft vibrant green needles shoot forth from its tiny branches every day. I water it, I feed it the nutrients it needs (lots of nitrogen). I talk to it—having read The Secret Life of Plants years ago and thinking there may be something to it—that plants respond to positive and negative energy of the humans around them. I err on the side of projecting positive energy just in case it's true. It's quite exciting to watch this half dead plant come alive and begin to thrive.


What is it that allows that to happen? I feel like I have been watching a process of mystery and magic unfold before my eyes as I watch this bonsai come back to life. There is a vital force that flows through all living things, a life force energy that will not be denied, that comes into balance when we focus our conscious awareness in its direction.


I am grateful today for this vital life force energy that flows through all living things. I also experience this process with alternative healing practices, such as homeopathy, acupuncture, and Jin Shin. I am mightily blessed to have a dear friend, Diana, who is a Jin Shin practitioner. She did a treatment for me today that was nothing short of miraculous. I arrived at her place several hours ago experiencing a great deal of muscle pain, and I sit here now at my computer completely pain free. Jin Shin works with the body at a subtle energy level, with light acupressure touch bringing the body and spirit back into balance.


I am in gratitude and awe as I contemplate the power of the vital force within all living things to effect healing and regeneration, when we focus our conscious awareness and our intention in that direction. Blessed be!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment