Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 29: June 17, 2012 ~ Sharing Our Inner Light

Day 29: June 17, 2012 ~ Sharing Our Inner Light


"Beauty abounds; in gratitude I receive."
Joanne's six-word reflection

One of the things I love about this gratitude blog is how, in the sharing of my reflections and musings, some people feel inspired to inquire more deeply on their own...reflecting, contemplating, discovering. And sometimes they share their insights with me, and I feel doubly blessed. The image that comes to me is of a candlelight service, where one candle is lit, and then the person holding the candle reaches over to light the candle of the next person, and that person lights the next person's candle, and so on, until all the candles in the room are lit. I think we are are like that--we are lights for one another, helping each other remember and connect with something deeper, touching one another with our inner light.

I'd like to share this precious gem that came to me after a recent Sunday service at my church. In the service, the minister spoke about testimonials, saying that a testimonial is really about giving testimony to how God/Spirit moves in our lives. And I thought, that's what my blog is! It's my testimony of how Spirit moves through our lives! I shared that 'aha' during the reflections part of the service. I talked about how this process has been about opening my heart and listening to what wants to come through each day and then sharing my thoughts.

The minister had also asked us to think of a six-word reflection that expresses our relationship to the Divine. You may remember when the phenomenon of six-word reflections became popular years ago. It was inspired by the legend that Hemingway, once challenged to write a story in only six words, came up with this: "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn." It became a "thing"...to tell one's life story in six words. A google search turns up some clever ones: "Not quite what I was planning."..and "This is just a phase, right?"...and "Therapy bill indicates talk isn't cheap."

Well, several days after that Sunday service, one of the church members who had been there told me he had contemplated on what I shared about opening to listening to Spirit's inspiration, and he came up with a six-word reflection that resonated for him. He shared his reflection with me:

"Pregnant silence, truth revealed; act accordingly."

I love it! Beautiful. And what is my six-word reflection? "Beauty abounds; in gratitude I receive." What's yours? :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment