Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 61: August 17, 2012 ~ Celebrating Today

Day 61: August 17, 2012 ~ Celebrating Today

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves. . .Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine."
~James Poland 


Today I am celebrating life...mine in particular :-) Today is my birthday and so I am a bit reflective about where I've been, who I am, and what it's all about really. I had a rather big 'aha' this week—that it's really OKAY to be in appreciation and celebration of me! I even bought myself a beautiful birthday card and wished myself a stellar day! It's taken me a LONG time to get to this place of "learning to love myself for who I am and opening so the world can see me shine." Life is a lot more fun now!

Here's another quote that resonates for me today:

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
~e.e. cummings

Ain't that the truth. Becoming who we really are means reaching deep inside to discover what we really believe and expressing what we truly feel. It means revealing our vulnerable places and being willing to risk loss of approval. It means allowing our bright spirit to shine through undimmed and unvarnished. It means to acknowledge the many masks we wear and to be willing to drop them. It feels like freedom to let the illusions go and to just be who we were created to be! 

Today I celebrate celebrating ourselves! Today I am grateful for the lessons of life that have brought me to where I am today, that have opened my heart and given me clear sight, and I am grateful for the God-given gifts that I am beginning to share more freely. I celebrate all that life has brought me and I move forward with a renewed spirit, and great joy. Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment